Saturday, February 19, 2011

If you can't say something nice...

...don't say anything at all.

I'm known to many as one who is frank and has an acerbic tongue. Most of the time, I do not sugarcoat when I state comments, opinions or advice. I believe that it's the best way to get your point across, but it is one of my characteristics that people either love or hate.

Recently, one of my dearest friends boldly gave a piece of his mind and told me that I should refrain from going overboard in uttering loathsome words no matter how true they seem to be. It was a brave move, and it was something I needed. Because of that, I respected my friend even more and held him more dearly.

It is true that at times, I cross the line of being offensive. I sometimes forget that I have the responsibility to hold back and think twice before speaking up. There are appropriate ways to say things and sometimes, it is better to keep my mouth shut.

Moving forward, I'll fuse into my lifestyle the habit of not saying anything if I don't have nice things to say. It's a real challenge and it may take a while before I get used to it, but I have to start somewhere.

No comments:

Updates

Quingdom.com